Friday, August 5, 2011

Sonos















Haven't been golfing all week - combination of busy and really hot out, and this weekend I'm playing Mr. Mom, so I decided to get a toy to spend some time on. There's a Sonos Bridge attached to the wireless router and this ZonePlayer 90 is hooked up to the receiver in the living room that powers speakers in the living room and on the back deck. It was so much easier to set up compared to the Apple airport express, and the free remote that works on my iTouch and android phone makes it easy to switch between my local iTunes library, Pandora, Spotify, Sirius, etc. while tending to the grill. I'm doing optical out for the living room and analog to the back yard, sounds really good so far.  I may get a couple more zone players for the lower level and take advantage of whole house audio.


Also added wifi to the thermostat, so now I can check and control the temp, fan from anywhere I can get an internet connection.  Not really all that useful, but fun to play with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment